Please click here to see the edition of BuilderBytes for 12/3/13 on the Web. Please note that BuilderBytes will now be published on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
In this issue of the MetroIntelligence Economic Update, I covered the following indicators:
- Construction spending rose 0.8 percent in October, up by 5.3 percent over last year
- Leading Economic Index rose for fourth straight month in October
- Consumer confidence dipped in October; respondents view government as economic obstacle
- Chicago Business Barometer softened in November following October's sharp rise
- Durable goods orders drop two percent in October following September's four-percent gain
- Initial unemployment claims fall by 10,000 in latest report