Please click here to see the edition of BuilderBytes for 9/30/14 on the Web.
In this issue of the MetroIntelligence Economic Update, I covered the following indicators:
- 2Q 2014 GDP grew by 4.6 percent in third and final estimate, up from 4.2 percent in second estimate
- Pending home sales slowed by 1.0 percent in August but remain at second-highest level over last year
- Consumer confidence enjoys healthy gain in September to highest level in last seven years
- Initial unemployment claims rise by 12,000 in latest report
- Overall durable goods orders plunge in August, but orders for machinery points to improving economy